The Louisiana Engineering Foundation was incorporated in 1978 by a group of Louisiana professional engineers, members of the Louisiana Engineering Society and other professional engineering groups. Its purpose was, and continues to be, the promotion of activities to support and strengthen the profession of engineering. The original officers were: Vincent A. Forte, P.E., President; A.J. Szabo, P.E., Vice President; Guy W. Miller, P.E., Secretary; and James L. Meyer, P.E., Treasurer. Mr. R. Carlton “Doc” Spears was appointed Executive Secretary.
The stated objectives of the Louisiana Engineering Foundation are to promote charitable, educational and scientific objectives. More specifically, its goals are:
1) To grant scholarships and fellowships to students in support of engineering;
2) To provide guidance and information to high school and college students who are interested in engineering careers;
3) To provide opportunities in the form of seminars, workshops and classes for practicing engineers to continue their education development;
4) To disseminate engineering information beneficial to the interested public; and
5) To establish and maintain an Engineering Center.
Universal Scholarship Application
2020 LOUISIANA ENGINEERING FOUNDATION ENGINEERING FACULTY PROFESSIONALISM AWARDS
2020 Vincent A. Forte Graduate School Fellowship
2nd Annual LA Transportation Partners Golf Tournament